Taipei Climate & Temperature
- Taipei, Taiwan is at 25°1'N, 121°31'E, 9 m (30 ft). See map.
- Taipei has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with no dry season, constantly moist (year-round rainfall). Summers are hot and muggy with thunderstorms. Winters are mild with precipitation from mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfa).
- The mean temperature is 21.6 degrees Celsius (70.9 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 13.5 °C (24.3°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 19°C (66.2°F) on average falling to 12.3°C (54.2°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 24°C (75.2°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 16.7°C (62°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 32°C (89.6°F) and average low temperatures are 23.3°C (74°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 26.7°C (80°F) during the day and lows of 19°C (66.2°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 2100 mm (82.7 inches) which is equivalent to 2100 Litres/m² (51.51 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1644 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Taipei you would come out nearest to the climate station at Asuncion, Paraguay (Subtropical moist forest biome).
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Taipei, Taiwan Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Naze, Japan - 875.8 kms (544.2 miles) ENE
- Okinoerabu, Japan - 764.4 kms (475 miles) ENE
- Nago, Japan - 668.6 kms (415.5 miles) ENE
- Kumejima, Japan - 548.8 kms (341 miles) ENE
- Naha, Okinawa, Japan - 632.1 kms (392.8 miles) ENE
- Miyakojima, Japan - 380.7 kms (236.6 miles) E
- Yonagunijima, Japan - 164.1 kms (101.9 miles) ESE
- Iriomotejima, Japan - 236.8 kms (147.2 miles) ESE
- Ishigakijima, Japan - 278.8 kms (173.3 miles) ESE
- Basco, Philippines - 511.7 kms (318 miles) S
- Aparri, Luzon, Philippines - 742.2 kms (461.2 miles) S